Thursday, March 26, 2009

Bless His Heart


We had a rough night with Carsyn. He fell asleep in church (which is highly unlike him) and I noticed that his heart was beating unusually fast. I tried to get a count, but it was literally beating too fast to count. I was up all night watching him sleep very restlessly. I kept a count on his heart rate, and it was too high until about 4am when he finally slept without all the tossing and turning.

I brought him the doctor this morning, (of Course our regular pedi is out of town) and she sent us to the hospital for testing that will be sent to our pediatric cardiologist in Dallas. For now, the cardiologist is over-nighting us a 30 day event monitor! (Yes...the 5 year old wild child is will wear the monitor for 30 days...to school, to t-ball, to everywhere.) We hope to know something late this evening or FIRST thing in the morning. There's a chance he's developing SVT, which could be very dangerous for him.

Please pray for his heart and my sanity!

3 comments:

Hanna said...

I will be praying for your baby boy and for you - to have strength through this. God will take care of you both!

And...I don't know what SVT is...

Faith said...

Oh, no! I'll definately be praying for him and for you.

Faith said...

How is he doing? Tell him Happy Birthday!