Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let Them Be Little...

A kindergartener. I always wondered what the hang up was...why does everyone seem so sad. Well, now I know. When I watched you walk, full speed ahead, into your new school...I knew. I knew that it was no longer the beginning. You were no longer my baby...or a preschooler. You were a BOY. A boy that was in kindergarten. When I look at you I see my baby! I think about the day you came home from the hospital (weighing less than five pounds), and the day you had surgery, and the day you met your brother!

When I look at you I wonder where the time has gone. Just yesterday you were snuggling on the hospital bed asleep with your big brother. It seems like I was just bringing you to the nursery at daycare...crying my eyes out hoping they would take good care of you. And now...now, you are in 3k! You are so big...and so handsome. You are absolutely adorable. You say some of the funniest things...and most of the time you tell me what to say. You are SO stubborn.

I want time to slow down...I want to take more time to enjoy you...just the way you are.

2 comments:

Mrs. McDaniel said...

geez, is this the best you can do when you only update once a year? I'm sad now!:)

I told Carsyn today to be sure to eat his lunch and he looked at me and shook his head no~he said I only eat junk food! haha

Faith said...

WOW! They are getting so big! Seems like we haven't seen you in forever.