Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Book Review: Running With Scissors

(Picture compliments of Amazon)

I'm not a fan of strange books. Honestly, I like a sweet romance novel...sweet, translate that is non-graphic. I noticed this book at my mother in laws on Christmas day. My sister in law brought it and wanted us (my mother in law and I) to read it. She told me it was a little bizarre, but I thought I'd give it a shot. After all, I was on vacation until after the new year and need something to do between loads of laundry and dishes.

The book is about a boy who grows up with very weird circumstances and knows from an early age that he was gay. (Yea...not my favorite topic.).

So I began reading it the day after Christmas. It is *very* strange. It sort of creeps me out, but I can't stop. In fact, at two this morning I had to put it down because my eyes were hurting, but I couldn't sleep because of its weirdness! I'm almost finished, but I wanted to share this with you. If you are bored, and like weird stories this is just the book for you!

No comments: