Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Easy Peasy


I love personalized gifts, and baby showers are no exception. I made this a *long* time ago, and I'm not sure how I missed posting them. This was a baby shower gift for a baby that has already turned one! They are super simple to make.

You need:
Letter(s)-I got mine from Hobby Lobby when they were half off.
Spray Paint-optional
Scrapbook Paper, ribbon, miscellaneous embellishments
Mod Podge & foam brush

First trace the letters onto scrapbook paper. To do this turn the paper to the backside, lay the letter on it face up. Next, spray paint the letters. While the letters are drying cut out the paper that you traced the letters on. Gather coordinating ribbons, fibers, and embellishment. Be creative. When the letters have dried use a foam paint brush to glue the paper, ribbon, and embellishments on using Mod Podge. Allow to dry. Put a layer of Mod Podge over the top to seal the letters. Voila!

You have completed a very inexpensive, but very personal gift. The sky is the limit. You can do a family name for a wedding gift, an initial, a full name, or a word. You can also create a bow holder by using one letter and hot gluing long strands of ribbon to the back.

2 comments:

Abounader Photography said...

What a great idea! Welcome to SITS!

Mrs. McDaniel said...

I'm impressed! A crafty post! I love the look of your blog! haha